How will you create today? Set the tone with the classic French Press! Enjoy a full-bodied cup with rich flavor notes and a silky mouth feel. The French Press, with its French and Italian roots, will easily transport you to luxury…you’ll never want to leave home.
This is an easy way to start using a French Press. Grams in this recipe can be adjusted to make more or less coffee.
Brew Time: 4 minutes
Serving: Approximately 2 1/2 cups
What you'll need to get started:
- Freshly roasted coffee (we're loving CHA-CHA_costa rica in French Press) 50 grams (6-7 Tbsp)
- Grinder (If you don't have one. Dancing Ox Coffee Roasters can grind it for you ;)
- Stirring Spoon
- Water 600 grams (2 1/2 cups)
Let's dance!1. Weigh your coffee. We're working with 50 grams of coffee using a 1:12 coffee-to-water ratio.
2. Grind the coffee. Select a medium-coarse coffee grind for French Press. This should resemble coarse sea salt. If you don't have a grinder, we can do that for you!
3. Weigh and boil the water. Weigh out 600 grams (2 1/2 cups) of water. Using the kettle, boil the water and let cool for 30 seconds.
4. Add the grinds. Pour all coffee grinds in carafe and level the mound.
6. Pour the rest. Pour the remaining water in the carafe evenly over the grinds.
7. Brew. Apply the lid to the French Press (no pushing yet) and let brew for 4 minutes.
8. Press. Press the plunger down slowly. Once you've reached the bottom it's time to enjoy! Serve immediately and pour remaining coffee into another carafe to stop the brewing process.
Thanks for the dance!
Coffee pairing: MILONGA